Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Well! I know I've been doing a lot of "dolce" posts lately, however this dolce is part of a dinner that also includes some more savory dishes, with posts to follow so have no fear!
I was going to wait even to post these because I don't want my followers to think all I make are sweets, however these were simply put, TOO GOOD to not give people the recipe. Basically its a super simple brownie recipe, with 3 types of chocolate and nutella, and pretty much will be the only brownie recipe I'll use from now on. I got positive reviews all around, and my friends roommates even told me to stop coming over with so many sweets because they are so good!
Oh and fun fact for those who don't know what Nutella is; it's basically the italian equivalent of peanut butter, a chocolatey hazelnut spread that is addictive and delicious and its better to only buy a jar for these specific uses otherwise it can be dangerous to have around.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup nutella
3 oz dark chocolate
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or nuts if you prefer)
1. preheat oven to 350 F
2. melt butter and cocoa powder over low heat or in a microwave and whisk together.
3. Mix in sugar, nutella and dark chocolate
4. whisk eggs and then stir into the mixture
5. sift the flour and salt together and gently fold into the wet ingredients.
6. fold in the chocolate chips (or nuts).
7. pour the batter into an 8x8 pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes and voila!